Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love of my life, you hurt me

"One day can make your life. One day can ruin your life. All life is, is four or five big days that change everything" -Drew Barrymore
"Sometimes we love people so much, we have to be numb to it. If we actually felt how much, it would kill us. That doesn't make you a bad person. It means your heart's too big." -Brittany Murphy
Tonight, Caitlin and I watched Riding in Cars with Boys, and that's what those two quotes are from. That movie is actually a lot deeper than I remembered to be, and there are so many moments where I'm like "That was a brilliant line" or "Wow, I can really relate to that right now." I just really like that movie. Though it made me think a lot more than I felt like thinking.

"I know we didn’t plan this and neither of us really thought it was gonna happen but life is like that, you know? You can’t plan for it and even if we did, life doesn’t care about your plans, necessarily, and you just kinda have to go with the flow and I just know my job is to just support you in whatever it is you wanna do. I’m in, so whatever you wanna do, I’m gonna do." -Seth Rogan (Knocked Up)
I don't like being lost. I don't like not knowing what to do. I like having a plan, and sticking to the plan. I wish life would care about my plans, because I do, and when you have a plan, everything is just easier.
This wasn't part of the plan. And yes, I'm aware that life doesn't care about my plans.
I'm so, so much stronger than this. I know I am. But I just can't seem to acknowledge it.
I guess I have to just go with the flow.

No comments: