Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just when I think I'm doing alright, someone says that magic word and then

So honest to blog, we had the WORST luck today. Murphy's Law totally kicked our asses. Let me tell you what went down =)
So we woke up, and I tried to buy Taylor Swift tickets. I got wicked awesome seats on the floor, tenth row. Yes, floor. Tenth row. And then I went to pay for them, and it said that my time had run out, when it hadn't. So I had to try for like, half an hour to get seats that were even relatively close to being as good, and I ended up with 25th row on the floor. Which isn't bad at all, so it worked it. It was just a waste of time and annoying.
Next, we were suppose to leave at 10:30, and we didn't get out of our rooms until 11:30, and then we went to go get coffee from Tim's. On the drive, my coffee spilled all over my pants (which I just washed yesterday), so that wasn't fun.

Then we were on the 519, and suddenly my engine starts steaming, the light for it comes on, and my car starts to slow down without me doing anything. Yay for an overheated engine in the middle of nowhere. So we pulled over, called AMA (the guy was really funny, actually. He laughed at all my stupid jokes =) ), and they said a tow truck would be there in an hour and a half. We then had to call B, because the guy said that we could only fit two people in the tow truck, and there were three of us (I tried to convince him that M was short, thin, and asian so she didn't count as a real person. He laughed really hard.), and we woke him up and I reminded him that I saved his life, so he said he'd come get us. So at this point, we'd be sitting in the car for half an hour, and M was being stupid and talking about animorphs, and S was colouring, and I was reading Twilight and calling people to inform them of my stupidity. Then the tow truck came half an hour later (so an hour early), and B had just left, so he wasn't even close to being there yet. So the truck driver said he could take all of us, even though he technically wasn't allowed to, but he also wasn't allowed to leave anyone on the side of the road. So we all piled in, and he thought we were like, 21 or something, because he kept talking to us about all these bars that used to exist in Calgary on what was then Electric Ave, and we just pretended like we understood.
B met us in Claresholme, because we weren't sure what the deal with my car would be. Turns out their service hours ended half an hour before we got there, so we just chilled because my dad called and said him and my grandpa would drive down, and then they'd take us to Calgary. So B came for no reason, and we all felt bad, so we bought him A&W. And then continued to spend another two hours in Claresholme. The lady at the car place was really nice though, so it was cool.
My dad finally showed up, and I was scared because my mom called and told me that my grandpa was pissed (which he wasn't, really), and then we chilled for another half hour while he tried to fix my car.

He somehow managed to (it was some shit with the anti-freeze cap, and the radiator got too hot because it all leaked out. I don't know. If I were a boy, I would know how to fix this shit, and we wouldn't have been in this situation, haha), and then my grandpa drove the car back while the rest of us (minus B, who went home as soon as my dad got there because he was too embarrassed to face him) piled into the buick-mobile with my dad. M and my dad chatted the whole time, and it was like they were BFFs. It was so weird. And as we were driving, once again, my coffee spilled on me. Wtf. Coffee and I aren't friends right now.
So we got to Calgary, took my parents car, and tried to cram all the shit we planned on doing into the time we had left. I ended up meeting with Rebecca about three hours late because of it, S didn't tell her family that she was coming and she wanted to surprise them but they weren't home (she thought they were dead and cried), and we spent very little time with our families. AND I couldn't find the Digimon movie. Wtf! Not cool.
We wanted to leave at 10, but we didn't pick up S until 11:30, so we didn't leave the city until midnight (cause we wanted to make a liquor store stop, because at this point, we just wanted to get drunk for having such a stupid day). And we got here at 1:30, snuck in our cube and mickeys, and then N showed up, because he got a complaint that we were being too loud even though we just came in. So we scrambled to hide our booze, and M was being stupid and put empty bottles in the recycling and he could hear it, ahaha. But he didn't care, because they were empty, and she brought him salad rolls, so he ate them, chatted, found out that he's the meatspin monster, and left.
Now the three of us are chilling, B's over and looking through M's phone and freaking her out with more meatspin, and I'm here.
So that was our stupid, adventurous day. Otherwise known as 'Death by Francesca', as S would call it. All because we left our leftover pizza in the fridge, and the pizza god was angry. Go figure.

Congrats if you read all of that. I'm impressed. And I love you for it.

No comments: